Tuesday, December 9, 2008

snow



there is nothing like the first big snow. i love how magical it is, how it gets you in the mood for the holidays and makes you want to turn on the fireplace and snuggle up on the couch with a good book and cup of hot cocoa.



oh wait, that is so not my life. the first snow gets me in the mood to squeeze eight snow boots on eight little feet, eight mittens, four hats, four coats and four pair of snow pants on four little squirmy bodies. reverse all of that in about 20 minutes, throw all of the wet stuff into the dryer to get ready for the next round that will come directly after they get hot cocoa and warm their little bodies back up.



i know there will be a day when i get to watch the snow falling from my living room while reading my book by the fire, sipping my hot cocoa in peace - and i will remember days like today when i had all those little bodies to watch giggling and playing in the snow.

No comments: