Friday, December 26, 2008

oh the joys

it took several tries to get this years christmas picture... most of them turned out like this




or this...



but somehow i captured all four facing forward...



it was a blessed christmas this year indeed, i spent it baking cookies with my four crazy, healthy, beautiful children and husband. i was able to visit my dad and mom in the hospital. his surgery was a success, he is (cross my fingers) cancer free and one less lung lobe as i type. it was caught way early according to the surgeon - luck due to his cat scans to watch his heart - there is the silver lining in the whole mess.
we took them christmas dinner, visited for awhile, went to candlelight service... where all four sat like perfect angels - other than having to take maggie out for screaming amen over and over, feeding ashton and molly bags of candy to keep their mouths occupied, and my hair nearly being caught on fire by the little old lady behind me, it was ultra peaceful.
we spent the rest of christmas eve at home, just the six of us, playing games, feeding the reindeer, setting out cookies for santa and going to bed extra early.
my children woke up to a generous amount of goodies and a note written by the jolly old elf himself. the best gift i have ever been given has to be this very fancy, beautiful, large, gold, pink heart and diamond ring. it cost my oldest son 13 dollars of the 20 he had to spend on his whole family. it came in a little black jewelry box and everything. be prepared to compliment me when you see me around town with this baby on:



i know, the picture just doesn't do it justice.

there was much fun had by all but this mama's beat and ready for a very long winter nap.

3 comments:

annie said...

It is a beautiful ring! What a SWEET gesture of him to do that for you and spend so much on his mommy. What a loving tender heart. Tonight Park was "nice touching" my face and I about died. I am, once again, trying not to wake Bruce up as I'm sitting in bed next to him laughing at your blog entry. I just read Jill's and was holding my mouth shut and trying not to shake the bed as I laughed- like I was just doing with your blog. Heavens... would have been such a tragedy to have that beautiful hair go up in flames!

Anonymous said...

Oh snap, I'm jealous, I wish I would have gotten a fabulous gold and pink ring. He has great taste:-) Hope your dad is doing well, I've got you all in my prayers.

K said...

What a beautiful ring. He is so sweet. What a special gift.