Thursday, September 4, 2008

warning: this post is rated R for its political views




So it has been on my mind a lot this week, politics. There, i said it, taboo and all, i said it.
Which way am i voting? Republican. Straight ticket, no, not usually.
I realized that there is a lot of passion regarding this subject, and it comes around once every four years. I have been asked twice at work now if I will be voting for Obama. Once by a physician, once by a fellow nurse. When I said no, they wanted to know why. I will say it here, on my board, in my safety, so that those who want to know can read further, those who do not have to listen to me ramble.
I am not voting for Obama because I am middle class. I work hard for my money and I do not support new tax increases.
I am not voting for Obama because I am a Christian, and his beliefs and mine do not match up on several levels. My God says that all races can be saved, can enter heaven. My church doesn't teach me to sing "God damn America" instead of God Bless America. Rev. White has been Obama's pastor for over 20 years, and these are his beliefs, no joke, you can find him quoted all over the tv and internet.
I am not voting for Obama because I value life.

Obama and his wife fought against the passinge of the "Born Alive Infant Protection Act", which would protect and save babies born alive in an attempted abortion. meaning, without this bill in place, the babies are just placed in a holding room at the hospital/clinic until they passed. so this bill was an attempt to stop infanticide. he went to extremes to defeat it, as did michelle obama through fundraising efforts. not one person in the senate voted against this bill, he was the main person working to stop it. there comes a time when the right to choose goes too far.

so does that really happen? more than you think

  • 1% of abortions occur after the 20th week of pregnancy (that represents 16,450 babies every year)
mccain's prior uniform..... obama's.

I am not voting for Obama because I 100% whole heartedly believe that he was chosen by the liberal media four years ago, has been molded and created for americans to fall in love with his charm. Does anyone remember the election four years ago, how he was shown more on the TV than the president? creepy.
Lots more reasons, but Ashton is currently playing in the bathroom sink, so I had better hurry this up.
I am voting republican this year. I have hope for the future because of Palin, i love her conservative views, her life experience. I pray that our country starts to head in a more moral direction.

There. It is out there.

I got into a pretty serious fight with a dear friend this week over this topic. Since then, I have had lots of questions, lots of probing, lots of wanting to debate it. I will not ever discuss this topic at work again, you have my word on that.

So no more questions why, what or who. that is how i see it, totally my own opinion, based on lots of reading, lots of watching, and lots of thought. I am excited that so many people are really getting into the race this year, its good for us to stretch ourselves a little. I am open to other viewpoints, if you have something good, convince me, prove to me that your guy is better than mine, just don't do it at work. :)

3 comments:

lh said...

before mccain nominated palin I thought I only had one choice, now it turns out that I have two. I, too, look forward to listening to both sides and will try to make the choice that I feel is best for my family. I haven't totally made my mind up yet, so it's good to hear what different people value and appreciate about 'their' candidate. But I agree with jen, no more politics at work!

lori

jen bartman said...

thank you jen! i wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. i fear what will happen to this country if someone gets in office with as little regard for human life as has osama (oops, i mean obama). ~jen bartman

onemom said...

Hi myhouseof6, you forgot to mention that Osama would like to teach our five year olds about sex education. That is right, and I quote him "It is the right thing to do." He was referring to teaching sex education to kindergarten classes.
Heaven help us all.