Friday, June 5, 2009

Bring on Survivor : Disney trip part 1

After spending a week in Disney with my family, I feel like I could totally smoke Survivor. Bring it on, eating bugs, sleeping on the ground, withstanding the elements. Simple compared to what my husband and I accomplished this past week. First of all, just making it through airport security these days is a task. Get in line, take off your shoes, empty your pockets, walk this way, put that in the basket but not that, walk in a single file line, speed it up, dont touch that unless you want to lose a finger, move quickly, you get the picture. Add in four small children and it gets a little stressful. Then have a mom who decides to wear a sundress that day. They need to put you in a little glass box and frisk you - but they have to wait for a female guard to do it, so you wait, and wait, and wait while your children are running wild and your husband is wondering why you are in the box, but you can't talk to him because you are behind the box. Fun fun. Don't ever wear a loose fitting dress on the airplane, lord knows what you may be hiding under it.

But we made it on, and all was well. The flight went smoothly, except I get motion sickness on any sort of moving object (including planes), and the family in front of me began opening up bags of food. Not just snacks but 3 dozen chicken wings, biscuits, sausage, cheese, crackers, cookies and drinks. It is a 7 am flight people!!! The smell was killing me, but did not seem to bother my children.

We landed, got to our hotel (Pop Century) which was fine, nothing fancy, but lots of Disney theming and the kids loved it. We unpacked and headed straight to the Magic Kingdom.
One stroller, one being carried and two running along after us. I give them credit, the children were troopers everywhere we went. We messed around a little and then took the monorail over to the Contemporary for our dinner at Chef Mickey's. It was good food, lots of character interaction and in general pretty smooth. By this time, we had all been up since 4 am and were beat, so back to the hotel and to bed. Maggie got to sleep with daddy every night because he is the baby whisperer when it comes to sleeping. We were in bed by 10 pm, all still together and all still smiling at this point.

2 comments:

Kandra said...

Your are superwoman! Not every women could claim that she was smiling after a long day of travel:) and with four kiddos...can't wait to hear more:)

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!