Saturday, November 15, 2008

more rambling

so i have still been running/walking every single day since last may. i am up to running eight songs in a row, which is around two miles i guess. guess how much weight i have lost in the last seven months -- drum roll please --- two whole pounds!!! woo hoo --- seven months of dedicated sweating every day for two pounds. ridiculous. anyhow, i figure it must be doing something good for my heart maybe, so i will continue my life long quest to be of "average" weight.

so here is what happened the other night at my house. my boys and i were wrestling around on my bed, just being silly while molly, maggie and jeff observed. my son tackled me like the sissy i really am and after landing on my back, my tee shirt came up enough to show my oh so attractive recently stretched out by four children stomach. (has anyone seen jon and kate where she shows her belly button prior to surgery? really closely resembles that. there is a mental picture for you.) so carson immediately grabs my flabby belly and pushes it together around my belly button and starts the whole "hi, my name is chubby. my mommy is chubby, my daddy is chubby, even my baby sister is chubby."

oh my gosh carson - that is sooooo mean. you do not make your mother's fat belly button start talking!!! my sweet husband was laughing, molly was laughing, which only encouraged more.

thanks, that was soooooo good for my ego.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

you made me laugh tomight! I'm right there with you. I've quit looking at my fat belly button. I shower instead of bathe to avoid that view. The extra pounds from my last baby 15 months ago just refuse to go away! I was thinking maybe I should try yoga or pilates since I am too much of a wimp for running.....