Tuesday, November 4, 2008

heartache

so my heart is heavy and very sad tonight. i see that the inevitable has come to pass and barack hussein obama will be the leader of this great nation. along with him, congress will have a commanding majority of democrats. you know the last time that happened? lets see... well i can tell you what happened - the great depression.
that is what i am feeling. im not hiding my head in the sand, or feeling shamed. i feel strongly that if you know what you believe in is right, than that is all that matters. truth prevails.

i will work to find positive things about liberals. i know there is something they believe in that is in line with my beliefs. help me. i can't wake up every morning with this feeling in my heart.
so give me positives.

my husband made a great observation. you can't control what happens in the country, but you can control what happens in your home. focus on your family, love your children, go to church, instill values in your family. teach your children that there are definitely absolutes. there are rights and wrongs. this country is headed in such a direction where nothing is absolute anymore, its just a little bit wrong, or only wrong in certain cases. i don't agree. i will teach my children that is not the right way to think. i will keep morals in my home, even if they are sliding away in the rest of the country.

for tonight, i will allow myself sadness. i will grieve the loss of what could have been...
but tomorrow i will wake up and put on a happy face. i will find positives in what can still be.
it is just four short years, right? i mean, how much harm can one liberal president, congress and supreme court do in four years? don't answer that. every problem has a solution.

2 comments:

Diane LeBleu said...

Hi House of 6 - I too, am a house of 6, and am saddened by the recent political developments. I voted - so am clear in my conscience in that regard and have adopted a let's wait and see what happens. I would love to hear more about your family and your blogging history! I am doing some research about bloggers and would love to get some history on you and how your blog has come to pass. If you are interested in opening a dialogue, contact me at: diane@writingmamasaustin.com. My web site and blog can be found at www.writingmamasaustin.com. I am mother of 4 and would welcome any comments, feedback you might have! Best wishes, Diane

Jennine said...

I see this election as a spiritual battle, the likes of which America has never seen.

We can take the wait and see approach but I am tired of Christians feeling like our hands are tired by our command to love.

Sometimes love means fighting for what is right, not sitting in silence waiting for our other cheek to be slapped.

But I'm no expert and I reserve the right to be wrong in this case. I'd feel better if someone could tell me who is fighting for the rights of the unborn.