Saturday, April 17, 2010

the virgin mary

i was looking at old pictures on the computer with maggie today. we ran across some of me when i was very large and pregnant with little maggie. i said maggie - that is you in my tummy, you lived in there before you were born. she said, "i was in dare under your shirt?" and i said yes, inside my tummy until you were ready to come out, see how big it was? she kind of looked down at her own protruding belly and that was that.
we really didn't talk about it anymore, just kept looking at pictures.
later that day, my mom and dad (against their better judgement) let her spend the night at their house for the first time.
i got a phone call from my mom around 5AM wanting to tell me a funny story about the evening.
maggie approached my mom and patted her big round belly.
she said "gwandma, i hab a baby in my belly."
my mom says, "oh you do?"
maggie says "yes, he's been in dare a long time and im sabing him in dare."
my mom says, "well what is his name?"
maggie says "well gwandma, his name is jesus."

No comments: