Friday, February 27, 2009

love and logic

i can't remember how to love and logic. im the queen of love and logic, ask anybody i could work for the authors. i must find my books and re-read them. this little pistol of mine is just trying to outsmart me, test my parenting skills, prove that i haven't learned anything in eight years and the three children who came before her.

i tell her, "no maggie, no cookies, not now we are getting ready for dinner." she says,

"mmmmm cookies!!" like she is just so happy and how could i say no to that?

i say, "no cookies, its dinner time."

she says nothing, just picks up the bag and walks over to me and looks up at me with her big blue eyes, gives a tiny grin, and then hauls off and smacks my leg.

i crouch down to her level and say very calmly "maggie, no hitting, ever. do you understand me?"

she looks right in my eyes and says "NO."

i grab her chubby little arms and hold them down and try again. "no hitting anyone, ever maggie, do you understand?"

she looks right in my eyes, pauses, thinks a little, and again says "NO."

we do this three more times, and then she says, "mimi hab cookies, mmmmm, and they mine."

what did we learn from this? that i have lost my touch.

tomorrow we will be starting the whole, "uh oh, that's sad mimi..." you know the drill.


***if you haven't read holly's latest blog post, please do, it will have you in stitches.

1 comment:

lh said...

I still say it's better than the whole spitting and WHAT-EVER! combo that elliott has going on. I wonder if it is a total coincidence that i got a flyer in Allie's bag about a Love and Logic class, did they somehow manage to glimpse my parenting skills?