Tuesday, February 17, 2009

oh poop.


oh poop is right. it is never good when you go to pick up your almost four year old from preschool and his teacher is standing in the doorway with a pale face. and then the smell hits you.
oh no.
that is right.
she says, "he's in the bathroom and there is poop everywhere."
well, i look in the bathroom and there is my little blond headed boy buck naked standing in poop, covered in poop. what the heck? was there an explosion or something? i mean, its all over the floor, the toilet, his back, legs arms, feet. its everywhere. and it smells oddly familiar... like rota.
so i just start grabbing wipes. after 15 wipes and not making much progress, i throw the free give away clothes on him and move him to the corner. on my hands and knees i start scrubbing poop off the floor, the smell is overwhelming and the whole school stinks now.
my poor little guy is in the corner, glassy eyed, coughing and cheeks rosy red with fever. i swear he was fine this morning. im so sorry to the other six mothers who will be dealing with this in approximately 3-5 days. its my fault.
i used to be a cool, cute hip little college girl a dozen or so years ago. my biggest concern was finding the perfect outfit to wear to each and every outing i had planned for the weekend.
i now find myself in levis and a sweatshirt, on my hands and knees cleaning up poop for all the other parents to see. my biggest concern now, my poor little boy with those big sad eyes, and how i want to scoop him up and carry him away from this whole mess.

1 comment:

Colonel said...

oh man! that mustve been terrible. hope that doesnt happen to me