Friday, January 16, 2009

things i have not done

here are a few things i have not ever done. not so much a "not me monday", because i know i can't commit to something so... well weekly. so here are just some things i have not done in my life.

~i did not sit on my oldest son when he was two years old in a price chopper entry way to keep him from running out in the parking lot. i did not keep one hand on the cart full of groceries to keep it from rolling away while begging my four year old to pick up my purse and its contents either.

~i did not chase my oldest son when he was two through kohl's while nine months pregnant picking up various items of clothing he had stripped off along the way. i did not run all the way from the women's section around through the toys, bedding, shoes and men's while dragging that same four year old along. i did not get recorded on kohl's security camera sitting on him trying to put those articles of clothing back on his little naked body either, while other mothers shook their heads in disgust.

~i did not not bathe my children on "bath night" one night just so i could put them to bed a little earlier and plop on the couch to watch some desperate housewives. i did not then devour yummy snacks that had been hidden from them earlier.

~i did not tell my eight year old to read to her little brothers and sister one night so that i didn't have to. no way jose.

~i did not let my three year old sit on the computer for over two straight hours one afternoon while the baby was napping so that i could crash on the couch.

~i did not let my boys eat girlscout cookies one morning this week so that i wouldn't have to cook them waffles. that would be terrible!! their growing bodies need real nutrients.

~i have never ever left my newborn in a car by mistake...

~i have never let my five year old get zipped up inside a comforter bag...

~i have never forgot it was early release day and left my first grader waiting outside her school for me, only to be out shopping and have her grandpa be called by the school to come get her.

~i have never taken my eyes off my three year old at the swimming pool and let him stumble off the stairs and go under for a couple of seconds.

~i have never gotten distracted outside and realized i couldn't find my two year old, and then after sending the neighbors out looking while i was not panicked and not crying like a loon found him in a model home next door.

~i have never eaten four donuts in a row while pregnant and then tried to explain to my astonished husband that the doctor said i needed to increase my carbs a little.

well, it looks like i have not done a lot of things.

im sure i will think of even more things i haven't done, these were just the first few that came to mind.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! I was cracking up, remembered a few of those stories too.

K said...

Jen,the comment from Allen is really from me, apparently he was logged on. so don't freak out!

Jill said...

Just the thought of you tackling you kiddo in Price Chopper was enough to make me laugh!

Cascia Talbert said...

This is a great meme! I just found your blog and love it! I'm looking forward to reading more.