Saturday, July 26, 2008

perfectly delayed in 3 weeks

as many of you may know, my 14 month old is not walking yet. as a nurse i understand the cut off is 15 months, and then you are considered to have a delay.

i guess i am so filled with pure and utter love for this child that i can't even fathom the thought that she could have a problem. even writing about it makes me laugh. her little chubby legs do work, its her sassy spoiled brain that won't allow them to carry her robust body across the floor.

i do realize her chances of meeting the deadline would increase if her soft little feet touched the ground more often. but how could they? she is just so sweet and cuddly to carry around, and she loves it. when i set her down, hoping for a few minutes that she might entertain herself with the toys-r-us amount of toys surrounding her, she just looks at me and reaches those sweet little hands up to me. if i dare ignore the princess, she starts scooting towards me with her pink little lips all pushed out pouting and sassing me. so i pick her up. if i don't, her sister will. if she doesn't, her father will, and then they will hand her to me.

my pediatrician doesn't necessarily agree with this parenting style. he seems to think they need to start learning things at the tender young age of 10 months.

well, i gotta tell ya, he could be right. he seems to be pretty smart. he did point out that my three year old is a pound and a half overweight. rats. he asked how much milk he is drinking a day, and my husband responded, about 7-10 sippy cups a day. WHOOOAA he says.
well hoover damn.
lets try to cut that back to three a day. ok, so that does sound more reasonable. that could cut down my nine gallons of milk a week a little. glad he didn't ask how much the others were drinking.
anyhow... the countdown is on. 21 days to go.

No comments: