Saturday, July 26, 2008

gratitude


it's amazing and humbling to be surrounded by so many people who are so generous and thoughtful. when i woke today (my actual bday) my parents were at my house waiting for me with a big white birthday cake and ice cream. my children were surrounding me with little gifts my sweet husband had drug them out to get. my email had a special card from a dear
friend who took the time to remember me.

when i got to work, my friends had thrown together a delicious meal. roasted chicken, green beans with potatoes and bacon, rolls, garden fresh salad, fruit, veggies/dip, and brownies.

they also brought me coffee, creamer, a special filter for out fancy coffee pot here, a planner, a yummy candle, and pens. to top it off everyone signed a card that my good friend allison had
hand stamped. its beautiful... im trying to figure out if i can frame it and put it up somewhere.

i mean, you have to understand, these people all worked last night and have to work again tonight. that means they gave up their sleep to cook and shop for me. im just overwhelmed with gratitude. my life is full of blessings.

thank you family, thank you girls for making my 34th year start off so great.

1 comment:

annie said...

Well Happy Birthday! It's Ann Wagar- I added you guys (saw you on Jill's blog) to ours as our friends, if that's okay! :) We do have a special family at work! Happy Birthday!!

ann