Tuesday, March 20, 2012

macaroni





so my macaroni broke her leg. she broke it on a trampoline, while i was unaware. she broke it while i wasn't watching her, while her brother who was with her jumped down on her ankle. it was a scream heard round the world, or at least around the block. an unfortunate accident to say the least. she is in bed tonight with a beautiful pink and purple cast on her tiny leg.
we lucked out and saw a wonderful orthopedic doctor today who took great care of her, explained the fracture to me, then took us to the casting room. he asked her exactly what she wanted, then topped it off with a custom pink and purple braid design going around it. he was awesome. we were in and out in forty minutes. it could of partly been because i work with his wife, who so kindly asked him to please take care of miss mags. sometimes my jobs benefits are truly great.
maggie was super excited to get her "pinkalicious" cast on and show it to all of her friends. the newness wore off about bedtime when she asked me if i could take it off so she could sleep. nope, it will be on for several weeks maggie. she said, well mom, it feels a little annoying. yes, im sure it does.
i loved on her all morning when she was nervous about her appointment. i held her little hand the whole time, and then babied her all afternoon. she started getting sassy this evening and i firmly told her to shape it up. she began acting horrid, throwing a fit which resulted in purple sharpie on my couch and her brother pushed over in the shower. (she literally went to the shower curtain and shoved him over... when she tells her side, she simply moved the curtain a little tiny bit.) when i thought i might really go and whip her little booty, she turns and looks at me with her sad blue eyes and gives me the taylor swift heart with her hands. really? i mean, i am going to give in and whip you, and you look at me and give me the heart sign? i busted up laughing and she blinked away her giant tears and hugged me. she had me at hello. it is ridiculous the amount of love i have for this girl.

No comments: