Friday, May 20, 2011

my table is full

maggie asked me this morning why our neighbors had so many chairs at their kitchen table, but only two children. i said, i guess they were done after two maggie. she then pointed out that our kitchen table has six chairs, and we don't have any more chairs, but we are having another baby.
hmmm.
my table is full.
but im going to find room for another body to sit.
my house doesn't have anymore bedrooms either.
but im going to find room for one more little head to sleep.
the funny thing is, kids don't care about how big the table is, or how big the house is. they don't care about how much money we make, or how many opportunities we offer them. they really only want us. they want our time and our attention. they want to have a mom and dad who light up when they walk through the door. parents who pour their love out with every hug.
i love that my dinner table will be crowded. i even love that it will have spilled milk, giggling, messes and noise. i know that one day when it is just jeff and i sitting at the table, we would give anything for one more messy meal.
i can't create a nursery for this baby, or even more space at our table. this little one will just squeeze right in and our lives will be more fully blessed because of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, I love this post. It's just perfect.

Unknown said...

Jenn - this post really got me! I loved it and meant so much! You are a great mother! You're family makes me smile and I can feel the love you all have for each other! :)