Saturday, May 9, 2009

growing

This week we learned a little about growing things, and things growing up. My husband built me a garden and I let the kids help plant things they like in it. They are all excited to watch their little baby plants grow into foods they can "harvest" and enjoy.




In the process of filling with 1700 lbs of dirt.








It is perfect and I have only had to replant half of the plants so far, since Maggie wants to harvest her goodies a little early.

Another thing seems to be growing around here too. Jeff took the crib down for the final time in our family. It was bittersweet to say the least. The crib has been through all four of our children, it has watched them all grow from newborns to toddlers. It is the last thing that symbolizes infants in this house. So no more cribs or bassinets, just big kid beds.

For those that know me, this is huge. I have had a baby in my arms for almost nine years straight now. I know it is a natural progression to raise babies and then move on to the next stage of your life, but I am not very happy about it. I am sort of ill inside about it. My arms physically ache to rock another newborn. Not just any newborn, I can do that any day at work, but my newborn. My baby with perfect blonde curls and pale blue eyes. My baby who smells of baby magic from head to toe. It is ok, I will get over it, life is getting a little easier around here lately. I have more time to spend with the older ones again, and I am getting used to sleeping all night.




big girl in a big bed.



i know what you all are saying... and no there wont be any more babies out of this body, but that doesn't rule out adoption!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, for what its worth her room sure is cute. --Hope you had a great Mother's Day. :-)

MaryBeth said...

This made me tear up. I know I will feel the same way as you. I already have panic attacks thinking about when I will be done having kids. Babies are just so darn cuddly and sweet.