Wednesday, November 25, 2009

thanks

i love this time of year, the time that forces you to sit down and count your blessings. to stop complaining, checking out how green the grass is on the other side and inspecting your own.

i love the things you discover when you really think about how many blessings you are surrounded with.

of course im thankful for my family, my house, my health. the basics.

im also thankful for my jobs. the fact that i have two jobs to nitpick when so many people i know are struggling to find just one.

im thankful for my comfy couch which i love to fall into after a long day of craziness at work and or handling children. for my dvr to melt my mind into, lose myself into some noneducational programming.

im thankful for the shoes, backpacks and crayons which scatter my living room right this moment. for the fact that my children are still little enough to need those things, to be careless enough to forget to pick them up. how blessed to have a house full of chaos!

im thankful for my angelic girl, who covers me with love every day, who never forgets to thank me for making her lunch, for making dinner, for allowing her to help out.

im thankful for my handsome little boy who runs and plays so hard every day im sure he will collapse of exhaustion. im thankful for his incredible appetite and how he can drain a gallon of milk in just minutes.

im thankful for my funny little four year old. im thankful for the way he just pops out of nowhere with a hug and a kiss on my leg. how his giggles fill a room with sheer happiness.

im also thankful for my crazy, wild, terrible, beautiful two year old. im thankful for how she tells me "your eber mommy", meaning your the best mommy ever. im so thankful that her little hands and legs are still chubby and babylike, that she still has a hint of baby left in her.

im thankful for my husband, for his crazy daily patience with me. for his help with the kids and the house, his forever rose colored glasses when he looks at me.

im thankful for my friends. they make me laugh and see myself from a different perspective, keeping me on my toes.

of course for my parents who raised me to be who i am. who instilled the values i have embedded in me and who have made me who i am.


so a million thank yous, to everyone who blesses my life each and every day.

No comments: