Monday, December 29, 2008

this year i resolve

2008 was an eventful year for my family and 2009 is approaching rapidly. i set new years resolutions every year, usually things about no longer cursing, no longer eating candy bars, working out, etc... (i do these same resolutions year after year... i usually stick to them until, oh lets see, January 4th, give or take a few days)


this year i have several things i want to change about my life and i will write them out here, as a pact of sorts, to help me stick to them, hopefully for good.

my top seven:

1. i resolve to spend more time counting my blessings rather than complaining about hardships.


2. i resolve to give more time to marriage.


3. i resolve to be a more patient mother, allowing more messes for the sake of having fun with my children.


4. i resolve to become fit, focusing more on activity and exercise, less on numbers.


5. i resolve to allow only the amount of activities my family can easily manage, allowing for more free play time at home together.


6. i resolve to teach my children more of what they can do and less of what they can't.


7. i resolve to make church more of a consistent part of my life.


i will leave it at seven, there are lots more things i need to work on, but this is plenty for 2009.

wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well thank goodness you left off no cursing and no candy bars...I wasn't sure we could remain friends!