Wednesday, August 27, 2008

the store

i am convinced my children are watching too much tv. yesterday i had to run to the store, and molly wanted to come along. ok great, just the two of us, i enjoy spending one on one time with the kids. i asked her if she preferred price chopper or hy-vee, she said hy-vee because they have better cookies. ok. so we are in the paper products isle and i am getting some paper towels. she says, "mommy, don't you want the quicker picker upper?" no, i would rather get the hy-vee brand two for a dollar, thank you. a few isles later, a nicely dressed lady ever so politely suggests that i could really benefit from some microdermabrasion. are you serious? who are you? she says, "i only suggest it because you have nice skin, but it is clear that you have never had a treatment. " well, its clear to me that you haven't had any children with your cute little body and your fancy accessories. she hands me her card and says how she would be happy to do an in home consultation. puh-lease. dont you approach me at the grocery store when i have been running after four children all morning. i know i look fancy in my ratty black sweats and t-shirt, pony tail and no make-up. anyhow... we finished up and being the sweet (apparently old and wrinkled) mom that i am, i let molly pick out a pack of gum. she pops a piece in her mouth and shares one with me. "here mommy, you will really like the bold new taste and the long lasting flavor." ok, so too much tv. we will work on turning it off a little more

and just for the fun of it, a video of course. with the kids gone during the day, maggie has to entertain me.




and a picture of my cute football player


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the phone dancing and giggling!! TOO precious! Glad you got it on tape and glad you shared it!! Made my day!
later,
Tammy

Jill said...

OK,this cracked me up. Just the other day Ellie asked if we had "the vets #1 choice for flea and tick control!" A bit too much TV here too :)