Sunday, August 3, 2008

eight years

warning - this post is a little sappy... just letting you know.





it was officially eight years ago today that i said "i do" to my husband. i am at work, my husband is at home with the four little ones. same story tomorrow night. neither of us really mentioned the date to each other. he called his mom and made her drive forty minutes to our house tonight at 11:30 pm tonight to sit with the kids. he then drove all the way to the hospital to bring me a route 44 diet cherry limeade and some trail mix. security called up to our floor and told cassie that "jennifer rooster has a delivery" (i have only worked with these people for nine years) i looked at the clock and knew, it was 12:01, it had to be my husband. he dropped off my treat and left, i didn't even get to see him.

i imagine someday in the future i will look back on these days and wonder how we did it all. how did we survive the craziness that we have right now. we always knew the path we wanted to take, have a big family, close together in age, realizing the compromises it means along the way. there are days that my body is so exhausted that i could fall asleep before my head hits the pillow. i complain and grumble about housework and the basic maintenance of the four often. (feeding, watering, washing) its shameful, but when im at work and he is at home doing it all alone, he never complains when he calls me.
he tells me cute stories about what is going on at home, like how maggie is walking everywhere tonight, how she stands on her little chubby legs and claps for herself. how ashton told the neighbor's dad "i not playing with you anymore, i not like you and its on purpose" then ran in the house crying only to immediatly fall asleep on the living room floor. he knows i miss the kids when im here, so he tries to give me glimpses of home.
i know its ridiculously hard to handle all four at dinner time, bath time, and bed time by yourself, but not once, not one complaint. and to top it off, when he could be sleeping he is driving up a limeade to me. im so grateful for a husband who always takes the time to treat me like his bride and not just his wife.

2 comments:

annie said...

Jen, this brought tears to my eyes. That is so sweet. You are an excellent writer as well. :) Happy Anniversary! ann

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful husband and family. I love your pictures and your blog. Happy Anniversary!!!
Jolene