Sunday, June 17, 2012

father's day

happy father's day to the best dad i could of ever hoped my children would be blessed with.  my husband, amazing, patient, kind, loving, fun, smart, stable, strong and secure.  this father's day started with some things that reminded me how the little things in life matter not, while the really important things came glaring out at me.  my family, my friends, god.  that's it.  that's all we need.  clothes, money, gifts, cars, houses, its all extra.  its all so very trivial.
you have heard the saying that you find out who your true friends are when there is a crisis - so true.  i am so incredibly lucky to be surrounded by people who without a pause rush to my side if needed.  not in the funny, beautiful glorious times, but the ugly, sick times too.  im so eternally grateful for that.  that is something that no job, no store, no lottery could ever give you.
happy father's day honey, thank you for all you do, effortlessly, without complaint, day in day out.  we love you for it.

No comments: